Monday, December 8, 2008

Wilton Course 2 Final Project

PB260742

I am really psyched that I made these flowers from Royal Icing. We have class for 2 hours on Saturdays for one month. For 3 Saturdays we made different kinds of flowers. My favorites are the tiny apple blossoms and violets. We also learned to do the basketweave which really looks simple, yet sophisticated in my opinion. Our final was to work with Colorflow icing. We decided in our little class of 4 people to make it a Thanksgiving theme. So this is what I did.
PB260745
I used a picture I saw online, printed it out and traced over the "Happy Turkey Day" and also printed out some maple leaf outlines. It takes about 24-48 hours to dry. I didn't make it dry enough and a few leaves cracked, that's why its all stacked like that=)

I call it my "Spring to Fall" cake.
PB260743

It's not perfect, but i'm satisfied with it, being my first cake with royal icing flowers and basketweaving.
Here is my not-so-perfect basketweave and s-rope borders. Those are done with buttercream icing. Those funny looking leaves and yellow rose is from buttercream icing as well. 
PB260744

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin