Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm craving for Spam Musubi!

So this is how I make my Spam Musubi. No fancy stuff, I just use the mini Spam can to shape it. Here are my ingredients:
  • Soysauce
  • Sugar
  • Spam
  • Nori Seaweed
  • Steamed white rice















I cut up my Spam about 1/4 of an inch thick and placed them in a frying pan with a little bit of water, soysauce and sugar. I let it simmer to carmelize the spam. It looks this this when its done. You can also use teriyaki sauce and let it simmer  longer if you want your spam to be darker or more carmelized.



So this is how mine looked like. 


My work area. I cut the nori into 3 long strips. I also added some Furikake (flaked roasted seaweed and sesame seeds) to the steamed rice for more flavor. I used the can to shape the musubi. It's easier to use the half sized spam can. 


Here is the result! I only made one with plain white rice. All the rest had Furikake in the rice. Hubby says 5/5 stars! As for me, the next time I make it, i'm going to sandwich the spam in between the rice. I think i'd like it better that way. Happy eating!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin