Saturday, May 16, 2009

Twilight cake

Twilight cake

I am not a fan of Twilight, but my good friend is. I surprised her with this cake which has all the elements from the cover of each book. The chess pieces, the apple, the ribbon, and the flower. All the decorations where made from a gumpaste/fondant mix. I have to give credit to my husband who did the chess pieces. He did a great job don't you think? Well, this cake took about 3 days to make- the decorations needs drying time. The cake is a butter and french vanilla flavored with 3 layers of bavarian creme. I would have liked to get a picture of her slicing into it, but she didn't want to cut into it just yet. I think she admired it for a day or two before finally digging in=) Oh, I also made the cake board. I did a "marble" technique with red, black, and white fondant. It looked like a marble cutting board. It's very easy to make. As a matter of fact, here is the tutorial I used to make the cake board.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin