Monday, September 15, 2008

20 minute meal

Ingredients:
Angel hair pasta (you can use any pasta you have on hand)
Tomatoes
Basil
Garlic
Olive oil
Salt& Pepper

Actually it was less than twenty minutes. I timed myself. I beat Rachel Ray. Anyway, I was starving and my 4 month old daughter just went down for a nap, so I knew I didn't have much time to cook. I had some tomatoes from my garden, some basil in the fridge, and I remembered that I had some shrimp in the freezer. I boiled some water, threw in the pasta, cut up the ingredients and cooked the tomato sauce. It was fast, simple and it was REALLY good.


For the sauce:
I used whatever tomatoes I had, which was 2 red tomatoes and 1 little pear tomato.
3 basil leaves
2 cloves of garlic
about 6-8 pieces of peeled shrimp

I cut it all up (except for the shrimp), added some olive oil to the saucepan. Added the garlic and let cook until golden, then added the tomatoes, salt and pepper (I also added some garlic seasoning because I like garlic). I let it cook about 2-3 minutes before adding the shrimp. When the shrimp immediately turns pink, turn off the heat and add the basil. You don't want to cook the shrimp too long because it will become rubbery and hard..not too tastey.

Your sauce should look like this.

and the finished product. Tomato shrimp sauce over angel hair pasta.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin